Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's April


Morgan Miller (elder.miller@myldsmail.net)


Hey Mom thanks for the crazy Easter pictures. I can’t believe that all my little cousin buddies are all growed up. They are all towers.

We have transfers this weekend, along with the baptism and General Conf., so craziness basically.

To start out, we taught Fructuoso again, and it went great. He didn’t have a problem with anything we said. But he did not understand the difference between us and the catholic church, and encouraged us to talk to their missionaries because we would get along really well with our same desires, work, and standards... kind of funny, but it is going to take a couple more times I think for him to understand apostasy. He is still amazing. He has this awesome watch that tells you the time because he can’t see the face. He is ordering me one, and I am so excited for it. It will be super sweet.

Alvaro came to church again this week and it was just awesome. We taught him also for the 2nd and 3rd times this week. He will be up in Valladolid for a birthday party this weekend, and we are hoping he will be able to go to one of the sessions of conference that are broadcast by satellite to the capilla there. We will be attending in Madrid, and one of us will probably have all of our bags with us for transfers. Andres, Juan, and their parents Rubiela and Humberto are just awesome. We taught them Thursday after zone conference, and then Saturday we took over a bunch of United States candy for Juan’s birthday. Then on Sunday, we taught them again. They are just amazing, and say all of the prayers, and read the scriptures, and answer the questions really well, and have amazing questions, and comprehend what we teach and are able to explain it back. They are just awesome! I will be sad if I get transferred away from this amazing companion in a down right awesome city and a home away from home family of a rama. I love it here!

Zone conference went just awesome as usual.

Oh, I just remembered an awesomely funny fad that went around like wild fire. It was the final four balls when Utah was in the final four in San Antonio. How sweet! We went to every 7/11 in the valley. At least it felt like it. They were orange and yellow and red. I don’t know what made them so cool, and a must have because I am a BYU fan, but that’s what I love so much about those hilarious fads. You look back and just realize how ridiculous they were. Got to love it!

I broke a bed. It is really a crappy situation, and I have to pay for it. It will go on the credit card I believe, and cost about 105 euros. It is really lame because the bed is supposed to have 6 legs and the ones in our piso have the spot for the 5th and 6th but no middle legs. So we are meeting with our dueno. I just sat to hard and it half- snapped right in the middle on a knot in the wood and the screw in spot for the other 2 legs. It is only broken on one side, so we will see what happens with the dueno of the piso today. We had exchanges on Monday and I was in Valladolid with Elder Lambert. It was a blast. I always love exchanges.

I can’t wait for conference. I encourage all reading this email to watch at least 1 entire 2 hour session. I encourage all reading this email who want to be spiritually uplifted by the prophet and apostles and leaders of the church of Jesus Christ, to watch all 4 sessions- each and every minute of the 2 hour sessions, and take notes as prompted by the spirit on things that can better your lives. You probably won’t have time to do the second thing, but try your heart out to do it.

I just love this work, and this country. Day-light savings time was this week on Saturday night. I don’t know why it is different here.

See you later.



Love from Segovia,

Elder Miller

No comments: