Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hey how’s things?



Hey how’s things?

It sounds like life is just nuts around home. Good job on the Eagle Project Evan; it should be fun to use, too. We went to the Reina Sofia Art Museum today, and it went well, I guess. We are right near there and near Atocha Station. Actually, we are in the locutorio that Elder Ott and his companion use, and right across from their piso. I don’t know if we will see them. We just had some way good dunor kebab around here as well. So at the Reina Sofia, the best parts were the big glass elevators, the people asking us for help and if we work there, the gift shop, and the fact that I have now looked at 4 ginormous rooms of Picasso stuff from a French museum. It gave me a headache, and we were there for 3 1/2 hours. We saw way too much art in a way cool building. We saw Guernica, I think that’s how you spell it, and it was breathtaking. There were photos that had 8 different steps along the way to its creation. It was crazy to see how it changed and evolved into what it is.
With transfers, well the emergency kind, Elder Baxter received Elder Finlay as a companion and moved back to Alcorcon. So now it’s down to 4 in the piso, and 6 in the district. Our area has lots of pueblos as well; kind of random... but pueblos I have been to for members, investigators, and potential investigators so far are: Villaviciosa, Navalcarnero, Parque Quimbra, San Martin de Valde Iglesias, Arroyomolinos, and those are just the ones I have been to. So the area of Mostoles and the many pueblos are awesome. I love it.
Wilson, the guy that got baptized the Saturday before I got here brought his dueño to the capilla on Sunday. It was way super cool, and we taught him after the meetings in the capilla. It was awesome, he is a 40 something year old Spaniard, maybe high 30’s. We will see how things progress there. Clever and Wilson both received the priesthood on Sunday, and that was awesome. They both got there baptismal certificates that they loved, and then the barrio bought them each “Preach my Gospel” to help them with member missionary work. Pretty cool stuff.
Also, I did two exchanges this week. One in the other Mostoles area with Elder Glad on Thursday night and Friday morning, which was way fun; then another yesterday starting on Monday, with Elder Slade in Fuenlabrada. Oh yeah kind of random, but our piso number is actually 35. So it was great to be back in Fuenlabrada, and to visit Talavera. We got to meet with their investigator with a baptismal date for Friday. My companion or I will interview her tomorrow at the Fuenlabrada capilla.
I got to see Amos, Miriam’s husband, but not Miriam. Also, I got to go to a noche de hogar at Rubie’s house. She is an old Colombian woman, and her daughter’s family came over the week I left Fuenlabrada. They are an awesome family. Just an update dad, Medellin has 3 or 4 stakes, and Cartago has a barrio of 150 members. So you definitely planted a lot of seeds on your mission, and they have been harvested.
Elder Peterson wrote Eliza. That would be cool if she wrote him back, I don’t have his email address, but his mom would.
Holy cow I can’t believe Lance Lowry got his mission call to Kennewick, Washington. That’s just crazy.
I will go with July 11, 2009 on my prediction for Sarah’s baby. Just kidding! But I will guess May 2, at 5 pounds 6 ounces, and at 3 o´clock in the afternoon.
My heart goes out the Whites and to Jake especially. I hope all goes well with his recovery.
Thanks for everything. I love you guys so much. Hopefully all continues to go well with the work over here. We have exchanges on Monday in Badajoz with Elder Jensen.

Much love from Spain.

Elder Miller

No comments: