Thursday, April 10, 2008

9 months!


Hey everyone!
Yesterday, myldsmail messed up on us, and so we are using our contacting time with you today. We used half an hour before we realized there was a problem, and then it was too late to send or anything. So sorry about the scare, and hopefully this works. I am in Mostoles, the area that was where Elders Manning and Clark were serving when I came into the mission. Elder Ott is a zone leader in Cuatro Caminos in Barrio 5, so over Segovia, Salamanca, and Villalba, where he and I have served. I am down here as zone leader with Elder Brown, a cowboy from St. Johns Arizona. He is just stupendous, and I have so much to learn from him. Elder Jensen is the Badajoz district leader and I get to do exchanges with him. Also, I go to Fuenlabrada to do exchanges. I live in the same piso I sent home pictures of a while back when Elder
Van Dyke and I were staying here during the floor remodel. So it is pretty crazy. I live with a trio of Elder brown (a different one who was Elder Peterson’s MTC companion), Elder Baxter who I lived with in Fuenlabrada for 7 weeks, and Elder Glad who is in his 5th transfer. They are all way awesome, and I am way excited for this area and transfer and companion and companions of the piso.
We have a barrio of about 110 active members, including the auxiliaries I haven’t been around yet (young men, young women, primary). So the Primary is about 30 kids, and there are just awesome members to take to charlas and stuff. Elder Brown is 23, and so is the other Elder Brown. My companion Elder Brown works on a ranch, and went to the Air Force Academy for 2 years. His dad is a lawyer.
We have exchanges with the assistants this coming Monday to Tuesday night. We have interviews that we have to prepare a lesson for on Tuesday. Also, we have pedidos meeting every Monday in Pavones at the stake center to pick up the mail and recieve the announcements.
We are a zone of 3 districts including our own, so exchanges are in Badajoz and Fuenlabrada. I will be going on exchanges with Elder Manning in Barrio 2 in the car, so that should be fun. It’s kind of crazy, and I didn’t ever expect any of this.
The baptism went just peachy with Kenneth. President and Hermana Farnsworth came, and it went just great. Kenneth was a little nervous, and I forgot to say his name the first time. But, I only got half way through before President caught it and started me over. There were 24 of us there, including the temple zone leaders and an investigator, Elder Jensen and his companion, then 3 families of relatives of Patricio and Mayra. It was great, and how could I forget Presidente Galera. It is sad to be leaving that wonderful and beautiful city.
Here it looks a ton like Fuenlabrada, by the way. Oh, and Elder Peterson got an amazing companion, named Elder Lindstrom from Idaho. He was an office elder, and just got out after 5 transfers, so he should be raring to go and work like a mad man.
Sorry about the email thing, but I will try to find out at this zone conference or next.
That is sweet you have your license Evan, good luck and watch out for the black ice and the left turns without an arrow....
Conference was fantabulous. I just loved it, and learned so much. Alvaro wasn’t able to go to conference up in Valladolid, but he should continue his church attendance up there. Also, the family of Andres, Humberto and Rubiela hopefully will progress towards baptism.
But I’m here now, and its kind of weird. We have had some awesome lessons, and correlation, and today was planning session. Yesterday for preparation day, we went to Xanadu, that mall I went to with Elder Van Dyke. So, I hope all is well over there, it sure sounds like it. I can’t believe its 9 months tomorrow. So, I just want you guys to know I love you, and I will try to not let myldsmail mess us up next week, but we will see.

Much love from me to you guys.

Elder Miller


No comments: