Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hi from Mostoles!


Hi from Mostoles!
It was a really good week, and a fun one as well. I made a delicious
M and M milkshake last preparation day and it was delicious. Also, I made taco soup again this week, and it was delicious as usual.
That’s awesome that Oliver was born. Congratulations to the Hopkins! The pictures you sent worked way good, thanks for sending those.
Our running at 6:30 is still going way good and is usually about 30 minutes, taking different routes daily. While I was on exchanges in Badajoz, Elder Jensen and I did a way cool run as well. We ran to the castle wall, and ran along the top. It was way cool with the sunrise and an awesome view, and a 30 to 40 foot drop on one side over the wall. It was what I would think it would be like running along the Great Wall of China, or at least as close as I’ll probably ever get. Then we ran back, and it was about 40 minutes with some pretty good hills. The wall had a bunch of stairs we would go up and back down.
I was able to see Badajoz and Caceres on Monday and Tuesday, and they were both just awesome. We were going to go to Merida, but decided there wasn’t enough time today. So we just took the bus home this morning. It was 5 hours home on the bus and then a 30 minute train ride to our piso, and that was the express bus with only 2 stops and super comfy chairs and enough space. Can you imagine the other buses the semi direct and indirect?
We got to Caceres after a 4 hour bus ride Monday, and then checked the elders’ piso and locutorio that they use to do email. The elders there had made us lunch, which was awesome of them, and they had a way clean piso. Then another hour and 15 minutes on the bus took us to Badajoz where we just bought cereal and went in for the night. When we got to the piso, Elder Jensen and his companion had a huge pot of chili waiting for us. It was awesome, and they had a way clean piso as well. We also got to go to a Japanese restaurant owned by a member in Badajoz yesterday during medio dia. It was delicious, and it was free. They have the missionaries over to eat there weekly, how awesome.
Elder Jensen and I had a good time on exchanges, and were able to teach their miracle of an investigator that he talked about in his email, named Francisco. He is amazing for sure, and it was an awesome lesson.

I cut my own hair with Elder Glad’s buzzer, and then Elder Brown, my companion, faded it for me. It was pretty simple, but scary and turned out well. It was free and looks like it was done by someone I paid.
Last Thursday, there was a baptismal interview for one of the Fuenlabrada investigators, and I got to do the interview because the district leader, Elder Slade had taught her, and so it is protocol for either my companion or I to do the interview. Elder Brown did Clever’s interview and so he had me do this one. I was pretty nervous, but I did the interview of Alejandra. She is an amazingly well prepared 13 year old, whose mother was activated after I left there. She has an awesome testimony and it was such an amazing experience.
On Friday, I got pooped on by a bird right on my shoulder. It was gross. I finished my 2nd journal as well on Friday.
We got to teach Wilson on Friday, and he told us he was going to do baptisms for the dead on Saturday at the Madrid temple and had done his interview with the bishop the night before. He is just awesome.
Elder Brown and I are having a great time in our area, and loving it. We get along way good and have a bunch of fun together.
Summer stormed in with a super hot Saturday and Sunday. It was 85 degrees I think, and just torched us. At least we didn’t get burned by the sun, just super hot to work in.
It was Romanian Easter on Sunday, and we got these way cool Easter eggs dyed by 2 of our Romanian investigators this weekend. They have leaves or flowers and are red mainly, but also some green and blue. Each of the investigators gave us one of them. They are really cool, and it was neat to see their traditions are similar to ours. One of the Romanians is Christina, who is just awesome. She is progressing well, and reads and prays daily. She asks awesome questions and gives awesome answers. She will hopefully keep on working towards baptism, so pray for her. I love you so very much, and have a great week.

Much love from Spain.

Elder Miller

No comments: