Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We're In Toledo for P-day


We are in Toledo today with the elders serving here, and we are emailing from the cool castle library again. I’m here with Elders Karren and Read from Puerto llano and Elder Ostler and Hutchings that are serving here, also Elder Haynie. Elder Karren and I left Puerto llano from exchanges at 6:15 am, and then our companions got on at 7:00 am in Ciudad Real, and then we got here at 8:30 or so and took the city bus up to the library. We are in Toledo for about 7 hours until the 4 o’clock bus takes us home. It wasn’t the most convenient travel to get here from pueblo to pueblo, but we should have a way relaxing unrushed, fun visit today. I am going to get some Christmas stuff and get that off to you ASAP.
Happy 16th birthday Ian! Thank Jenn for the email. I loved hearing about James and soccer, and being scouted. Way to be James. Thank Grandma Judy, Dotty and Tess for their emails too. Tess asked when I come home, so let her know its July.
Takisne told us this week "I want bautizma" that’s what baptism sounds like it Thai, and she wants it. So we are trying with the super limited English, to teach and prepare them. Mom, those books you are sending should be amazing and maybe the key to it all.
I am telling more and more Grandpa Allen jokes by the day, and I think they are a little bit funny.
The spider bite was on my calf. It is just fine, just a big old scab, but it will be a sweet battle scar.
Higinia came for the 4th time in a row to church this past week, and she is just beaming. She has changed so, so much to a happy member of the church. It has been awesome to see her go from down in the dumps spiritually to being active in the church and happy again. Sorry my time is so short!

Love, Elder Miller

No comments: