Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's December


Teo and Estefania had a baby boy, and are doing well.
Elder Korongo has 6 months exactly until he goes home. He goes home with Elder Sewell.
Just a side note, I talk in my sleep and teach lessons and contact in Spanish nightly in my sleep, so I kind of feel bad for Elder Haynie on that.
I bought a new tooth brush that is good and soft, and I will be sure to do my little circles while brushing. My gums aren’t painful or tender. I floss like 3 times a day at least. And I brush for a little too long I think. I really like brushing my teeth and flossing. It’s weird.
So this week was good for emails, and I was shocked about Elder Wirthlin. We had a good week in the work as well. I went on exchanges with Elder Gamarra who was in the Madrid CCM with me, and is from Peru. Exchanges were in Alcazar and went great.
The crazy thing this past week was the spider bite I got while I was sleeping on the couch. It was already a blister full of puss about a centimeter wide when I woke up. It had a red ring around it. It grew until Sunday when it popped during church. It is a scab, and kind of a deep hole. The red is going away and all is well. It was pretty cool though, and mixed things up a little bit.
Also, I had exchanges with Elder Read on Monday in Puerto llano, so I have been on exchanges in each city in La Mancha that has missionaries now. Elder Read is awesome, and I just have a blast with him. We taught 2 lessons to their 4 different investigators with baptismal dates set, and then we went to a member Noche de Hogar. It was great. When we were coming home, Elder Read bought his ticket for the 30th of December and we so missed our train trying to switch it. The next train to get to Zone Conference on time was an Ave. We take Avant normally, which is only 55 minutes in on the train to Madrid, but the Ave is 5-10 minutes faster. So it is double in price, 30 euros instead of 15. We had to take it though, and it was worse seats, and a movie we couldn’t even watch and they gave us a candy. I was hoping I would at least have a cool "I rode the Ave train" story, but I just found out it is super lame and expensive.
We stayed in Mostoles after Zone Conference on Tuesday. Elder Peterson is there, and Elder Guerrero, and Elder Swartwood, who goes home with Elder Brown in less than 2 weeks. So it was good to see them all. The temple was amazing this time as always. I got to say my goodbyes and I hadn’t seen Elder Brown since General Conference. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to say good bye to him. Also, we played futbol and basketball in the Stake Center and there were 30 plus missionaries, which is 1/4 of the mission. So that was fun. One of the Elders there was Elder Sewell, so we caught up. I hadn’t seen him since General Conference either.
The area is going just amazing. For the 2nd time in 5 weeks we were able to teach at least 20 lessons. It is going great. We are still working towards the 27th of Dec. with Oswaldo and Mabel. Patrick’s date was moved to Dec. 27th due to not finding work, and thus not being able to move out. In Mostoles, I got to see Miguel Angel and his wife Marlene at the capilla, and we ate at Julio’s from Mexico again. I also saw Juan de Dios Vaca again, and Rebecca who is from Africa. That was awesome.
We are headed home now. Higinia came to church again, and she brought a friend.

Love, Elder Miller

No comments: