Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm 20!


From: Morgan Miller - elder.miller@myldsmail.net


I can’t believe I am 20 and not a teenager, its really weird and hasn’t really hit yet.
I didn’t get the birthday packages yet because we have Zone Conference tomorrow, and I will get them at that. They decided not to do Pedidos meeting where we get the mail on Friday because we had Zone Conference tomorrow. The elders in my piso are awesome! They had a surprise birthday party for me last night. They made cookies and cream ice cream out of real Oreos, not the cheap imitation ones, and 2 tubs of vanilla ice cream. They had party poppers as well. We took lots of pictures. President and Hermana Farnsworth gave me a birthday call, as they do everyone the night of their birthday. They are amazing.
Tell the Ginny and Joe Hi from me. I am so happy for them and wish I could be there.
The trucker strike didn’t really affect us, but that’s only because President Farnsworth told us to buy double the food last week, incase something went goofy because of the strike and we couldn’t get food, but everything was just fine. The trucks were all lined up on the Madrid freeways, I hear though.
Ramido and Antonio are doing great. Antonio was an investigator who didn’t ever really progress while I was with Elder Brown, and he came to church once before I was here. Since Elder Sewell has been here, it has been nearly impossible to meet with Antonio, until a week or two ago. We had a charla with him and just decided we were going to baptismal challenge him and either get out his doubts or challenge his faith and get him a goal to shoot for. So he responded very well and told us he would pray and read the Book of Mormon. He had read and prayed in the past to no avail. But he read 3 Nephi 26-30 and prayed about it. It was a Saturday, and he came to church the next day. The members were great with the fellowshipping. Then, since this his girlfriend he was living with, was the main stumbling block before he could be baptized, they broke up and she moved out. So he is home free for the 26th of July and we are going to continue to work with him to prepare him for that day. Then there is Ramido, who Elder Sewell and I contacted the first week he was here. We both felt a real need to contact him, and were really excited when we got to teach him for the first time. We have taught him 4 or 5 times, and took him to the Charla Foganera, or the fireside on Sunday nights at the temple. We taught him a first lesson on the restoration our first meeting, and the second one we baptismal challenged him after reviewing his reading assignment of 3 Nephi 11 that he read. He accepted. We are also working on helping this amazing 33 year old Peruvian man be baptized on the 12th of July. He has a daughter who is 4 and was married to his wife 5 years ago. The wife and daughter live in Peru still. The work is going amazing, and Francisca is still doing great. She has been to church 5 times now, her mom twice, her sister and dad each once. So we are working on her family, and to prepare Francisca for her baptism. Also, we met a former investigator named Ovidio from Guatemala, who we baptismal challenged and he accepted for the 12th of July, so we will continue to work with those 4 investigators along with finding new ones, and working with the zone. Things are busy and that’s the way I like it, but I try not to get too stressed.
We are going to play fútbol today with Elder Peterson and his companion, and Elder Matthews and his companion, and the Leganes Elders, and the Fuenlabrada Elders. It should go great! We are going to the capilla to play b-ball and fútbol. I am way excited. I am having a blast, thanks for the emails and photos. I got 20 emails this week and was just thrilled.
Well, the scripture of the week is Doctrine and Covenants 9:8-9, so hopefully that can benefit someone somewhere. It is a sweet scripture. Thanks for all of the emails and love from back home. I love you guys a ton, and have a great week.

Much love from Elder Miller in España.


No comments: