Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hi!


Wow!
Thanks for the packages, Zone Conference went great! Thank you Grandma for the snickerdoodles. They weren’t even hard, but they were just delicious. I made the Oreos. I made 7 dozen, and then I made one huge cookie that filled the whole pan to finish the dough. I took them to district meeting for treats. Everything traveled well and I am very grateful for all I received.
We went to Valle de los Caidos today, and it was in Paul’s car. Zone Conference went way great. Elder Sewell and I had our 3 or 4 minute presentation and then later, a 1 hour contacting as a companionship lesson and practica and evaluation. It went way well and was fun. Elder Peterson did a great job on his presentation in front of everyone. Francisca’ baptism is set now for the 6th of July, right after church. I am really excited. We might have to put Ramido and Ovidio on the 26th as well with Antonio. I gave a talk in church on Sunday about missionary work, and I got to the pulpit with about 8 minutes left in the meeting because Elder Brown spoke for 20 minutes, and there were a bunch of announcements and ward business. So I just testified about “Preach my Gospel” and its importance to us as missionaries and to them as members. I also shared my favorite scripture - Alma 29:9, and my dad will be proud-the meeting ended on time because I just talked for under 4 minutes to be sure everyone was home for lunch on time.
Hermana Benito was at our sacrament meeting with her family, she was one of my CCM teachers, and then my other teacher, Hermana Suarez´s mom lives here in Mostoles. We saw her with her mom 2 times in one day, I believe it was Monday.
On transfers, my companion won’t get transferred, but I wouldn’t be surprised to be gone to another area or be here, it’s 50/50 for me. Francisca’s whole family came to church on Sunday, well her mom and dad. They also came to the baptism of an 8 year old member named Emily Vaca. She is the little girl who did the testimony, and cried and then fell into her sister’s arms. She did the same thing, just into her dad’s arms this time. It was really funny, and a great baptism.
I hope Evan has a great time at Trek. I had a bad attitude going into it, and didn’t realize until afterwards how much I learned and grew spiritually, and that’s when I became close friends with Isaac and Lance Matheson from the 9th Ward.
I love you guys.
Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: