Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Howdy! Part 1


Howdy!

First off, Grandma thanks for the wonderful quotes they gave me chills. Thanks Mike, I loved your email. I will write back as soon as humanly possible. Thanks Becky for the email, you are a more diligent writer than Evan for sure, and a little more consistent than my dad. Thanks also for the Christmas card. Thanks so much for the package mom. The chocolate chips, what a brilliant idea. Also, the jerky and the cds, and the Christmas cards, all just brilliant. Thanks a million. So yeah I got my mail this last Monday, and I picked up the mail for the district while we were in Madrid. Also I met Elder Matthews from Skyline, one of Eliza’s friends, and we had some fun conversations.

Anyway, back to why I was in Madrid, and why I met Elder Matthews who waited his first transfer in Georgia, by the way. Anyway, Elder Jensen and I were walking underneath the aqueduct, when President Farnsworth called, kind of a crazy thing when that happens. Elder Jensen answered the phone and was talking to him. He told him about our emergency transfer, and that he would be transferred to an area and be a senior companion. Here we were just co senior companions. He ended up going to Badajoz, really far away right by Portugal. So then President asked for me, and he told me I had been chosen to train a missionary...... well a pause..... and then I replied yes. This is a scary responsibility to start a missionary with all the right habits. I am only at like 6 months and 2 weeks or less. I was super nervous, super, super nervous. Elder Jensen said I looked like I saw a ghost. I don’t doubt it for one second. The most important part of this story is that now I am here in Segovia on his first preparation day, and yesterday we had his first day in the mission field. How crazy. I have answered a lot of questions, and it is a little different than I expected, but a lot the same. The Lord wants me here in Segovia with Elder Peterson, and I know that with out a doubt. So I will take these days one day at a time and be the best missionary every day, and try my best always.

Anyway, we got delicious Hermana Farnsworth lasagna at the meeting at the mission home. We did the same process as I did just 4 and a half months ago, but I was on the other end of the companionship then. So crazy! Anyway I am doing great here. I love you all tons and I hope the best for you.

Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: