Wednesday, December 5, 2007

It's December!


Hey guys what's up?

I am here with my new companion named Elder Gunn from Thousand Oaks California. He is an awesome missionary, and just an all around great guy. He is a surfer, and has 3 months until he will be back surfing in Cali. Elder Van Dyke got called on Saturday to be a zone leader over in Alcalá. Pretty neato I thought. That area and one right near, nicknamed "the cake" by missionaries, are the sweetest in the mission. They have barrios of 150 to 200 members, and the whole deal. Their capilla is supposed to be absolute paradise. I hope to serve there one day. But I love it here in Fuenlabrada, and I wouldn't trade my time here for anything. Transfers were Monday, and I found out Elder Gunn was coming here Sunday night. We visited him and his companion in Toledo a while back, and I got to know him then. It has been smooth sailing. We have had success so far this week, and have been in the right place at the right time a bunch of times. Like today at the beginning of email, one of our investigators that I haven't been able to get a hold of just walked up behind me at the computer and said hi. We are seeing miracles daily, some larger than others but none the less miracles.

We have zone conference tomorrow, and went to the temple today as a companionship. Zone conf. should be sweet because Pres. Johnson, I believe from the Europe west presidency, is coming to our conf. It should be a day of spiritual enlightening. I am so stoked. Anyway, last p day Elder Van Dyke and I had to clean the piso because we thought some elders were going to be moving in. They didn't move in, but the mission president came by Thursday during weekly planning, so I am so grateful those elders scared us into cleaning the piso. We finished up the deep cleaning stuff Wed. night, and then he came Thurs. It went great, and it was good to talk to him and show him what we have done. It looks great by the way, and my mom has some pictures coming soon of the before and after shots. It is crazy to be In my 3rd transfer by the way, and during this week I will have been on my mission for 5 months. Wow, how time flies.

We taught Celedonio in his house, where he has tons of his paintings. We found out he also teaches painting for money, even though he is for the most part retired and really old, at a school along with helping the members out with there works of art on Wednesdays. We taught Francis and Eduardo, and then Marco and Erica who also live in there piso and came to church a week ago with them. It was awesome. We taught a spirit-filled first lesson using the restoration video. Everyone in the room was wetting the floor with tears. Anyway, things are going great with our investigators and our area. Also, we committed Francis to baptism that night, and we are still working on Marco and Erica.

I thought I would make a list of all of the brands of cars here that are rare in the states, I think. Anyway, here goes: Seat, Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, Alfa Romeo, Opel, Skoda, Fiat, Ssanyong, Rover, Iveco, M.G., Galloper, and Dacia. I have heard of Fiat and Alfa Romeo, but never had seen one. Anyway, they have most of the cars we have in the states, but then throw in the mix all of these brands, and think of what the streets look like here littered with cars, cars, cars. We taught Miriam Friday morning, using a talk in the new conf. edition Ensign, and it went awesome. We taught at the Peruvian tienda also, Johnny, David, and Miriam (a different Miriam). Also, here is a little update on the fashion sense of the teenagers to middle agers here in Spain. The mullet is officially the most popular hair cut I think. But they call it the casco romano (roman helmet), how sweet is that?

We had a baby blessing at church on Sunday, and it went weird but ok. Elder Van Dyke and I were 2 of the 5 priesthood holders, so we participated in the blessing and the sacrament. In the middle of Sunday school, Mimi and here family walked in, and they haven't been for like 3 weeks. It was awesome, and they brought Enrique, the non member dad, which is totally crazy and awesome. He used to be super mad at the missionaries for pushing baptism so hard. Also, right before the sacrament, Hermano Marquez came in. You have no clue how hard we have been working on him. He is an inactive member who hasn't been of 8 years, cause he was super offended. It was nothing short of a miracle. Hermano Marquez bore his testimony and so did one of Mimi's twins. It was awesome. I was so happy then and now, I feel like if it was all over now I could be satisfied.... but thanks goodness its not, because I am going to tear it up for another 19 months out here and "thrash" (d and c scripture reference) Spain. Anyway, much love from me to you. The church is true and God loves you.

Love,
Elder Miller

No comments: