Wednesday, December 12, 2007

5 months


Hey guys what's up?

I am doing just dandy as usual, and I hope the same to you all. We had dinner last Wednesday at the Moro's who fed us the delicious Thanksgiving dinner, to introduce them to Elder Gunn and to have more great food. Of course it was great. Elders Peaden and Silver from Talavera stayed Wed. night, and so did Elders Cavanaugh and Clack from Badajoz. We had zone conference the next day that was absolutely brilliant. Pres. Johnson of the 70 and also the Europe west president spoke and presided. He was amazing!!!!! Also Elder Camargo (I don't know how to spell it) who I think is a 70, also came and spoke to us. Pres. Johnson spoke for the majority of the time, and really helped us know what we need to do to utilize our potential as missionaries. Tons was taught and learned. Pres. Johnson mentioned, and I also love what is says, about prayer in the bible dictionary... I would strongly suggest looking it up.

Thursday night we taught Jenny and her husband Manuel and their two little daughters, the first charla. One of the girls is 9 and not yet baptized. It went great. They are menos activo and we will see what happens with that. Also we went to Pres. Murillo's and he fed us as usual. Some people feel so obligated to feed the missionaries, I feel bad, but you just have to eat it whatever they put on your plate, which I don't mind, but I just feel bad sometimes always eating their food. If that made any sense.

My companion was looking at my family's Christmas card for this year, and said "your brother looks a lot like you." He thought the two guys in the picture were my brothers, but in reality he was pointing to me when he said I looked a lot like my brother..... if that gives you any idea how different I look. I don't even look like myself.

Friday and Saturday were super foggy all day and you couldn't see past the next piso building while walking around, it was pretty cool. It felt like we were living in a cloud.

We taught an awesome second charla with Francis and set a baptism date with her for the 19th of January, the day after their wedding on the 18th. It should be awesome. Also we taught at their house again to teach the other people who live there and their visitors. We taught them Sat. night and it was 8 people we were teaching a third charla with brownies too. It went awesome. They cooked the brownies in the oven we had set to preheat, but someone had put chicken in the oven to cook at the same time as the brownies. p.s. they found out that it is a bad idea cause all that came out of the oven was burnt, uncooked brownies. Oh well, they got the gospel message. All in all it 'twas magnificent!!!!!

Sunday during the leaving prayer at church, my belt decided it had had enough. It was one of the reversible JC Penny kind, and the little part that it pivots on just broke. I guess it was tired of cinching up the pants that are huge on me. I have punched 6 holes in it and, have moved down 8 belt loop holes. Wow. Anyway I had to grab out my other one and wear it. It was too big, but better than nothing. Thank goodness I brought two for some reason... but after church I had to punch 5 holes, one extra for the future. The reversible belt went around me one and a half times, so it was probably time to get a new one anyway.

We had an awesome charla Sunday night with some people we contacted on the streets near a park. we didn't expect to get in, but we did. They are a couple from Ecuador with an 8 year old. It was awesome, and they both said that they knew everything we said was true. It felt just grand!!!

We got 16 charlas last week, and it was awesome. This area has been really built up these last two transfers with Elder Van Dyke and I, but I know none of this would have happened without the Lord's help. I love this work, and we are seeing the fruits of our labors. This week so far has been great. We were teaching at the Peruvian Tienda, and had the most awkward baptismal commitment ever. It was just one minute of silence, and then "no's" all around. But we got out there doubts and answered their questions.

I want to wish my friends Mike and Ike good luck on their missions. They leave next week. If you write or email me, I will write back as soon as I get a chance. Have a great week!

Much love from Spain.

Elder Miller

No comments: