Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hey everyone I am in Segovia!


Hey how's it going? I am in Segovia and I saw snow on the mountains on the bus ride in. We had a very distinct Christmas, and had a great week. No, Elder Gunn and I aren't on a vacation to Segovia.

I got emergency transferred! Wow, what a crazy Christmas present. Basically that means I had to pack up and leave today and get here in Segovia with a new companion arriving at 5:45 pm. What a crazy day. My carry on bag that has a broken off handle was a pain to haul around, along with 2 other very large bags that took a beating for the amount of weight they were carrying. We had to navigate the metro lines with our huge bags, and I came out the other end with a broken wheel on my bag. I still had to get to the bus station, and then from the stop to our awesome piso here in Segovia. It has an all in one gym, two sweet nice comfy chairs, along with a matching cozy couch, and an awesome kitchen, 2 bathrooms, and 3 bedrooms, and a patio. Wow how sweet is that. It is like living in a 4 or 5 star hotel. I thought we had the Fuenlabrada piso in shape, but I was wrong. I am here in Segovia, which is one of the most picturesque pueblo cities of the mission.

Well, even crazier than all of this, I am with another missionary named Elder Jensen from my same CCM Madrid group. How nuts is this' We are both under 6 months in the mission, and we are going to stress the Spanish study. Anyway, I had a great week in Fuenlabrada, and I am excited for an amazing week of learning about this beautiful area.

Sorry I have to run, cause time is short today. I wasn't sure I would get a minute to email, but I found one.

We had a large Christmas eve feast, and I made the mashed potatoes and gravy, the salad with ranch dressing, and the brownies. They provided the chicken. Oh yeah, it was at Eduard and Francis's piso, and there were 9 of us around the table.

I am sad to be gone, and also happy to be in such an awesome area with one of my great friends of the mission. We will do our best, because that's all anyone can do, and we will leave the rest up to the Lord. I love this work, even when the Lord decides to throw us a curve ball. I have learned to stay on my toes, and to listen to the Spirit, but I know that I have only begun the learning process that will commence here in Segovia.

Much love from Spain, and I hope you all had a very Christ like Christmas. I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I wish you all a Happy New Year and many goals that hopefully last longer than a week. Anyway, later!

Love,

Elder Miller

No comments: