Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Zone Conference


From: elder.miller@myldsmail.net

Hey, thanks for the love and support, I love you all so much.
Thanks to Matthew for the note and pictures he sent me, and the Shaws for their email as well, and then Sharon and Grandma Judy for their awesome emails.
Well, I just deleted part of my email, so I will try to remember what I had typed. I was telling about Zone Conference and how it went with the goodbyes to President and Hermana Farnsworth. They are just so amazing. It will be sad to see them go, and weird to have a new President and Hermana here for a few days. But the Lord guides this work and loves us enough to give us exactly the situations that we each need for our optimal growth. At Zone Conference I got to say goodbye to lots of missionaries and then also I gave my final testimony that we do at our last Zone Conference. No one went first, so I just jumped up to the podium, and it went well. I just felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the opportunity to serve the Lord in the mission field. Also, the bbq went really well, and was lots of fun with our zone. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, and then s'mores and root beer floats. It was awesome and fun to be in the mission home, but sad to have my last interview with President Farnsworth. I owe President and Hermana Farnsworth the world for all they have done for us missionaries.
Also today, we went to Toledo and it went well. Elder Ott and Elder Wolfley from Wyoming came to pick us up in the mission van, which was nice to have an air conditioned car to go in, and faster and cheaper. It was our district and then Elder Ott. The trip went well. We got some great pictures and an awesome view from the back side of Toledo on the other side of the gorge and the river. Also we saw the cathedral from the outside and then the city. We also saw those plates that they hand press with gold being made. It was way cool, and it was one of the things that I still really wanted to do in Toledo.
Now we have shopping, and then cleaning, and then working tonight. It has been great here in Barrio 3 and Johnny is still doing pretty well. We had a great lesson on Saturday and found out he is in 1 Nephi 17 in the Book of Mormon, and doing really well with reading daily. We just need him to come to church next week, something he has had a problem with due to other commitments the last two weeks. On Sunday morning, we had a great lesson with Randy and finally with his mom and younger brother, and another member referral Sergio. They are all family or friends to Victor and Julia, members from the Dominican Republic. The lesson went really well, and then afterwords, we were able to give Victor a blessing of health, due to his stomach tumors acting up. Elder Jeppson did a splendid job. His Spanish is improving daily. Also that night after church, we gave a blessing to Karina, who had surgery. She is the wife of Jaime the menos activo member who contacted Elder Karren and me in the street one morning. Both blessings were awesome spiritual experiences. It was also great at church to see 9 less active members come to church. It was just awesome. Two of them found us, or we found them during this transfer. I love this work.
Much love from Spain.

Love, Elder Miller

No comments: