Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hey everyone how's it going?


Hey everyone, how’s it going? With Elder Ott’s area last week it was an amazing night. We worked for 3 hours and made a ton of knocking and street contacts. I couldn’t believe how many amazing people there were just flocking on the streets. I can’t even wait to be in such an area. It was amazing, and we got 4 referrals for the areas down there in what is called Aluche. How awesome.

Sorry to Tiffany Evans for not responding still. I started a tape one week, finished it the next, and then for the last three, I have been unable to print out a couple of pictures, but it is coming. Also, sorry Jesse too, I need to print out your email to respond, so hopefully this next week will be the week, super sorry, but eventually I will get a letter off to you.

Also, at zone conference last Thursday President told us the statistic that 54 percent of our mission has under 10 months total in the mission including MTC, so only 8 months in the field. Wow, we are super young, but a lot of elders are getting responsibilities super soon, and causing us all to grow much faster than we ever could imagine.

It was great to talk to Elder Ott, and to catch up.

It has been weird lately since I have been up in Segovia, without talking to other missionaries and just groups of people in general. Other than district meeting for an hour and a half, we can go 3 weeks just talking to our companion, and then of course members, all nine of them, investigators, and contacts. So then when we are in groups of people and missionaries it is super weird and uncomfortable. Not until I come home back to Segovia, do I feel back to normal. I love the quiet, and tranquility, and the amazing opportunity to really, really know my companions.

Transfers are coming in a couple of days, and I hope to be with Elder Peterson here another transfer, but I want what the Lord wants. I may be adjusting to a new way of life soon. It’s just the quiet streets, and the quiet piso are just amazing. No joke.
Elder Peterson got his Valentine package on Valentines Day at zone conference. His family gave me some sweet sweets, and some valentines. Like the amazingly awesome elementary school valentines box ones, Valentines boxes are so sweet. Anyway, one was a teenage mutant ninja turtle one, it was pretty sweet. The littlest things just are invigorating also. Weird.

We had exchanges this last Monday I was in Valladolid with Elder Abbot from Texas. He is in the same group as my trainer, Elder Van Dyke and will be going home in 3 months - how weird. We have been teaching some awesome lessons, and Kenneth is really doing awesome. Also, Kelly is increasing in interest, which is amazing. She asked to read a scripture in the last couple of lessons, and prayed the last two times. So things are going good. We couldn’t even get her to listen or participate for a while. We struck her interest, or she is having a change of heart. I prefer the second.

Also, I was here in Segovia with Elder Lambert who is our district leader and goes home in October. He is awesome, and we had a splendid time, and awesome conversation, which isn’t always the case with exchanges. He is a way awesome guy from Snow Canyon High in St. George. He likes wakeboarding, and wake surfing, and is a skate boarder and played football for a while and was on the high school baseball team. It was a great day of work, and fun to get to know another 2 missionaries.

We taught an awesome lesson with Patricio’s kids at noche de hogar, family night, with the drawings on the chalk board. Between my drawings and scriptures and questions we kept them learning and entertained for the last 4 principles of the plan of salvation. Everything that happens after this life. It was awesome. See, we can usually count ourselves as amazingly lucky to get through 2 principles with there attention span. I am expanding my teaching and Elder Peterson and I are having a great time learning and growing together. Also, Patricio’s kids always want to read and pray and are bickering as to who gets to. It is way fun and funny. Also, we buy the noche de hogar treats and make them and stuff. So of course they are always delicious. We have been taking orders and suggestions from the members lately.

Oh yeah, a couple of things I don’t know if I have mentioned yet about Segovia. There is a pet world here with a pet lynx, like the real deal- a full on lynx. That’s pretty crazy and cool. Also we saw 4 lizards on this wall along the Plaza de toros or the bull ring for bull fights. I didn’t think that there were lizards here, but I was dead wrong. Anyway, much love from Segovia. Talk to you next week.

Love, Elder Miller

No comments: