Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Elder Miller's last email


*This is Morgan's last email he will send from his mission. He will return home on Tuesday, July 14th, and will be speaking in church on July 26th at 10:50 am. The address of our church is 4366 South 1500 East. We would love to see you there. Thank you so much for your prayers and support for Morgan and our family over the last 2 years.

Love, Laura


I want to thank the Shaws, Merki & Grandma, for their emails, and let Grandma and Sarah know I got the birthday card from Oliver and I am very grateful for it. Tell Had thanks for his encouraging email. Tell Grandpa “Happy Birthday” on Thursday, and thank Grandma for putting that in bold so I would comment on it.

That is so awesome that the missionaries will be moving into Gene Flowers' basement. I am so excited!

Mom, for sure you should go to the Farnsworth's homecoming, and you could hopefully get in touch with some missionaries and invite them to come to my homecoming if they knew me or remember me.

Thanks for all you do for me and for keeping me in touch this whole time. Thanks for everything. I love you so much and whatever you plan when I get home sounds good. I will just fly by the seat of my pants and try not to be to weirded out about not being on a mission, and embrace the change that will be interesting.

This morning we had an amazing accidental experience, in that we were late to the temple session by a couple of minutes, so we were left with a 1 hour wait until the next session. Luckily, one of the temple workers, I think he was one of the counselors in the temple presidency, was nice enough to offer to let us do sealings until the next session, which I had never seen or done before. The temple president acted as the sealer and just was amazing, teaching us and letting us ask questions, and it was just awesome. Then we had a temple session that went extremely well.

I got to say good-by to some elders, and then also we stayed there at the Stake Center to eat a district lunch and play some group games and then told funny missionary experiences about the language, investigators, awkward moments, and embarrassing moments. It was great, and then I was oh so grateful to Elder Karren who was there with our district. He got me some sweet gifts, some funny ones like a Hannah Montana notebook and tissues, and some awesome ones like a framed picture and a picture cube with photos on each side. It was a farewell luncheon you could say, and it was way fun.

Everything went well with picking up and dropping off Elder Gerrbo, and it was weird to be at the airport. It was so awesome to be Elder Read's companion for 3 days, even if it was crazy to juggle our areas with the downed metro. The metro re-opens for our area on the tenth. We had a goodbye dinner last night at Alex's restaurant, where mashed potatoes and gravy and cheese cake were the stand-out items on the menu. Also we have 7 more dinner appointments with the members before I leave, 2 on Friday, 3 on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday. Craziness, but it should be a really fun time and a great way to see the members I love so much at least one more time.

Elder Jeppson is doing great and now has insoles that are helping his feet. We had an awesome Monday of 5 lessons, one of, if not the best Mondays of my mission. Also, on that Monday, Freddy a Colombian, that we contacted at his store, and have taught 4 times since, accepted a baptismal date. Alex and Alejandro are still working on it, but don't have much time to meet.

I love this work, and the Lord really blesses us so, so, so much. May he bless you all.


Much love from Elder Miller, from Spain for the last time.

No comments: