Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Last Transfer


I was transferred to Aluche, just amazing! I always wanted to serve here. Elder Ott served here in Barrio 3 as well, but he was in Barrio 3 Arriba and I’m in Barrio 3 Bajo. Our district is awesome of the 6 missionaries who serve here. I’m companions with Elder Karren, who was in Puerto llano while I was in Ciudad Real and he is the one who lives on the Watts’ street and went to Skyline. Mom, you should get in contact with his mom.
The District Leader is Elder Read, who I just love, and then Elder Murga. He is 26 and from Peru. Elder Trujillo and has been in Barcelona for like 10 years and is a convert of 3 years. He is way sweet and speaks almost perfect English. It’s a way great piso. I’m so glad to be with Elder Karren, and living with a native finally and then also to be with Elder Read who is just hilarious. There are 2 hermanas in the district. Hermana Toone is new and from Bountiful, and then Hermana Lester from Washington, a convert of 3 years. That is so crazy that Grandma and Doug will be in Madrid this weekend. I hope they have an amazing trip.
That’s so great about Brian’s mission call. Elder Jarman and Elder Decker both waited in the Maryland Baltimore Mission - English speaking until they got their visas and they loved it. The only thing I know is that the cool souvenir to take home that all the elders got was a grill, like the platinum and gold diamond studded mouth pieces. Pretty sweet Brian! Good luck and baptize like crazy. That is so crazy Brian will be gone when I get back. We won’t see each other for 4 years.
I got the card from Sharon and Tanner and I thank them a million times over for the 10 euros. They went towards my 13 euro pair of Chino shoes I bought so I could get the toe of my Eccos re-glued. The Chino shoes are great, black with silver buckles and very Spanish looking.
Angel was just doing amazing when I left on Monday and I’m sure Elder Finlay took over just fine. Everything should work out for him to be baptized as he has gotten out of the shop deal and is just selling off the products until they are gone. He is going to close on Sundays from now on and has now been to church 5 weeks in a row. He received his testimony on Easter Sunday as he was reading the Book of Mormon. He just felt the spirit tell him super strongly that the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. It’s pretty awesome, and now he just doesn’t have any reservations or hang-ups before baptism. The first lesson after he signed to get out of his rent of the location he rents he just told us “I’m ready to get baptized now. When can we do it?”
So, here is just some Barrio 5 info. It was super hard to say goodbye after the 4+ months there, but one cool thing is that the Torres family from Colombia that was baptized by Elder McCoy and Calderon from Barrio 5 really lives in our area in Barrio 3. So we get to go and visit them on Friday, so I didn’t really have to say goodbye to them. It was a great week last week and we got a ton of member referrals and were able to do a bunch of meeting house tours, a big focus recently in the mission. They went really well, and the members are just getting more on board every week. Along with Angel at church on Sunday were Emilio, Manuel, Augustin, and Oliver, most of the eternal investigators I taught while I was there. They keep investigating kind of, but now they really seem to be changing, especially Manuel who came to church all dressed up in a new suit with glasses on and just looking changed. Here in Barrio 3 we are working with some people I don’t even know yet so I can’t really fill you in. We have 8 ward missionaries though, so that is awesome and is 8 more ward missionaries than I have had in the other 5 of my areas. President told me I would be finishing here in one of the most powerful mission wards with one of the best Bishops he has ever worked with in Spain or Utah. So I am overjoyed. Have a great week. Much love from me to you all…and much love from Spain.
Love, Elder Miller

No comments: