Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Changes


From: Elder Morgan Miller (elder.miller@myldsmail.net)
Sent: Wed. 9/24/08
To: terryandlaura@msn.com
Well René is still in Bolaños for now, but hopefully he will get the job, but it seems like he hasn’t yet. Dora couldn’t make it to Relief Society even though Irma called for us to remind her. I guess we will work towards her coming this Sunday. We have a lesson with her tomorrow and we will challenge her to baptism in that lesson. We will try to have Irma help her read, maybe a reading night with the two of them.
Wow Evan is on Youth Council, that was a way fun thing for me. Tell Adam Kimball “hi” from me. Tell him to drop me a line in email and I will send him a letter. I remember for our youth council retreat is what we did instead of a barbeque. We went to the Kimball’s cabin, talked about the youth council responsibilities, and ate, and received blessings or got set apart by the Stake Presidency. It was an amazing meeting with all of us receiving blessings. I still remember it very clearly. Have fun Evan. Just enjoy it. When we were done with the year, we got to go to a Grizzlies game in a suite and had all you can eat food.
Elder Ott was transferred to be a Temple Zone Leader, and he thinks he is pretty cool to be serving in his third zone leader area because it doesn’t ever happen. Well as for me, they dissolved my zone into a district of La Mancha. We report to the Las Afueras zone which has the zone leaders in Leganes right near Mostoles and Fuenlabrada. So I guess I will be back in the same old neighborhoods some more. The Zone Leaders actually live in Fuenlabrada. So kind of crazy! President Farnsworth asked me to be the District Leader of the La Mancha district, and to train a new elder. Elder Starley and Elder Cavanaugh were sent out to Badajoz and Cuenca in that order. So their area closed, and now the two of us have this whole piso to live in and the whole city as our area. We just got really, really busy. I stayed in Madrid Monday night after transfers and was serving in Barrio 2 for the night with Elder Nicholl and Elder Brown who are both also training. Then on Tuesday, we traveled to the mission home and met the 5 new elders coming in. Also 2 Hermanas came in, one being a 39 year old single woman who is a physician’s assistant, her name is Hermana Miller. Kind of crazy! We had the training meeting and got some advice from the assistants, and then a spiritual meeting with President and Hermana Farnsworth, the assistants, and office elders all talking. It was just like last time with Elder Peterson but with different talks and we took the pictures outside because its still summer kind of. We had Mexican volcanoes for lunch, and they were just amazing.
I was put with Elder Haynie from San Diego. So now I have another Californian companion along with Elder Gunn who was from there as well. Elder Haynie did a year at BYU before the mission, and he is really prepared and ready for the work. He speaks well, and I am really impressed by his Spanish. We are going to work hard, and have a great time down here in Ciudad Real. We have 7 exchanges this transfer, so that should be hectic to plan those, and then there is General Conference. So we will travel up to Madrid to watch that. We have a special Zone Conference tomorrow and Elder Gertz, of the 70 will be coming to speak to us. (I think that’s how you spell his name.) So it should be a great opportunity for us to learn, and we will also have 2 to 3 hours of practice teaching. Friday is our first La Mancha district meeting, and it should be crazy, because instead of the elders in Alcazar and Valdapeñas having there own district meeting, we are all in the same district now. So, all 8 of us will come here, and that makes for a lot of travel for those elders. It should be a really fun transfer. We get along really well, and I am sure we will have a fun time and learn a lot from each other like Elder Peterson and I did when I trained him. So that’s about it for this week. I love you all, and hope the best for you. Have a great week. The scripture this week is in 2 Nephi 9:52 about prayer.
Love, Elder Miller

No comments: