Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Area!


Well, I will cover the end of Móstoles first, and then tell you where I am now. Elder Sewell and I had an amazing week, maybe the best week of my mission. We taught 21 lessons, and accomplished the raised standards of our mission’s weekly goals of 20 lessons, and other important aspects of the work to be balanced missionaries. We call it equilibrio. It was an awesome week.
On Sunday afternoon, we needed 1 more baptismal challenge, and got 2. One was to our investigator Jesus, who accepted. But that wasn’t until Sunday night. He still wasn’t able to come to church, but we were able to set a baptismal date for the end of September. He will have to come to church 4 times, preferably before then, and I don’t know how it’s going to work out. But the Lord will find a way. He is probably moving back to Colombia in 2 months after his contract runs up. He will live with his family, and I believe he will end up getting baptized over there. We could use his help here in Spain. Colombia, I am sure, already has armies of amazing members.
The other was to a different guy named Jesus that we found in Parque Lliana. We were just like, “We will contact the next person and challenge them to the 20th of September to be baptized.” Well, I started the contact by telling him about faith in Christ, repentance, and baptism. Then Elder Sewell talked about baptism, and then gave the baptismal challenge. Jesus, our brand new contact, accepted the challenge. We taught him about prayer and committed him to pray about this date and set an appointment for this week. I hope all goes well with that. It was quite the amazing experience. Most contacts just walk away or say “no”, and those who listen aren’t usually interested very often.
Rita came with us in Paul’s car to the Joseph Smith movie and a temple tour afterwards. Paul is the Romanian member of 15 years, and he has a girlfriend, who happens to be an investigator with the other Mostoles elders. So she came as well. Her name is Arnovis. She is from Colombia, and will be getting baptized this Saturday. I am sooo sad to be missing it.
Also at church on Sunday, after 18 weeks of hard work, was Christina. You probably forgot about her a long time ago, but she is from Romania and fed us some crazy food twice. So we couldn’t meet with her to say goodbye, and so we finally got her to church by telling her we would say goodbye there. She came. Kind of a lame reason, but she will hopefully keep coming now she sees there is nothing crazy or anything. It’s weird because she has already been to a fireside, the Joseph Smith movie, and a Ward Noche de Hogar. Now she has finally been to church.
I was so sad to leave Mostoles. What an amazing area! I absolutely loved the investigators, and people there. The members were exemplary, and we haven’t shopped for food for 4 weeks because they fed us so very often. I love the people there, and am so sad to be gone.
I have been transferred to be with Elder Ott in the La Mancha zone. Our area is called Ciudad Real, and we live with 2 other elders, Elder Cavanaugh from North Carolina, and Elder Starley from Ogden High School. Elder Starley is in Elder Ott’s and my group, and we have a fun piso. The piso is nicer than the one in Mostoles, and bigger. I like it a lot here, even though it is a little pueblo where we do a lot of contacting. It is just unreal to be with Elder Ott again. I can’t believe it! Elder Baxter, that I have lived with twice before is also in the zone, along with 2 other areas here. I lived with Elder Baxter at the beginning of my mission in Fuenlabrada, while Elder Van Dyke was training me, and Elder Baxter was training Elder Cutler. We lived together for 7 weeks that time, and then in Mostoles for a little over a week. He has been fun to serve around. So all in all, we are 4 cities down south, with 4 elders here and then 2 a piece in Valdapeñas, Alcázar, and Puerto llano. Our district is Puerto llano and just the 4 of us. Kind of crazy - I hope this all makes sense.
We had an amazing day for a pueblo yesterday, and taught 2 lessons with a member present to René and Delfin, each separately. René is amazing, and we took him over to a member named Jesus´ house and the lesson, which was a review on the plan of restoration, along with a dvd. It went amazing. The 20 members down here are great, or at least the 5 that I have met so far. We had correlation with the Rama Mission Leader and it went great. District meeting went well also. I think I am really going to like it here. It’s kind of a crazy change of gears though.
The church is true.
Much love from Spain.
Love, Elder Miller and Elder Ott too.

No comments: