Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It's July!


From: Morgan Miller (elder.miller@myldsmail.

Elder Sewell, and I are together for another transfer, and I am way excited!
Tessa, Happy Birthday today, and everyone have a great Fourth of July on Friday. We had enough fireworks after Spain won the Euro Cup on Sunday for it to be the Fourth of July, but they were just explosives, like way loud, loud ones. I hadn’t heard anything like them since I came over here to Spain. They were pretty crazy also when Real Madrid won the league and I was in Fuenlabrada. They don’t do any damage but some are so loud they set off car alarms around them. So we slept great that night…
Evan thanks for the email about Trek. I’m glad you survived. I hope you had a good experience.
Hey Matthew, thanks for keeping in touch and helping me out with my email problems.
Mom, I made the Boston Cream Cake with the stuff that you sent and it was delicious.
I took pictures as well. I am going to stop baking so much so I can go on a diet. It is kind of silly to try and diet, but still be eating cookies and cookie dough and cakes weekly. So with Elders Dudley and Matthews in Alcorcon’s help, I am going on a diet. They were both personal trainers, and way fit before their missions. So from now on, just send me beef jerky, and those almond clusters that are sugar free, and the dried apricots or mangos. I can’t remember what it was that dad had, so just that type of healthy snack food. I am going to cut down on portions and eat small snack size meals.
Then also, you don’t need to send me the New Era and the English Liahona anymore. I don’t really need them. So, just as far as magazines go, just send the Liahona in Spanish only. Then I can focus more on all of the millions of tasks at hand. Sorry, and thanks for all you do for me and send me. I am really excited for my ½ way package though. When it comes, I will enjoy making the cookies, and then start my diet again. We can’t get cake mixes in Spain, so thanks for sending those, they made it more birthday- like.
Tell the Downings thanks. I loved the package with the pictures and candy! Thanks also for doing the email thing. If you could just log on one more time and forward the 9 emails I got today over to the other new account, and then delete them all, that would be just dandy. Thanks for doing that mess with the emails. I am so very, very grateful.
I was sun burnt last Wednesday, and I sometimes am a little bit at the end of the day, but nothing that isn’t gone the next morning into tan when I wake up. Also, we sleep with the fan in the window, and that keeps it cool, but all of the other rooms are hot when we wake up. Then we transfer the fan to our study room when we go in there, and it does a dandy job. Anyway, the reason I mentioned the fan is because we have to leave the window open and I have a bunch of mosquito bites, but it is better than never falling asleep because of the heat. It has hit 41 degrees Celsius, which is like 104 or something. Crazy, but the sweating will help the dieting.
Miguel Angel, who was baptized when Elder Brown was here, gave a talk on Sunday, and so did his wife. They were awesome, 10 minute General Conference quality ones, well not that good, but just amazing. It is awesome to see Miguel blessing the sacrament as well. I just love it. Francisca is still as amazing as ever, and her baptism will be on Sunday at 1:15, right after church ends. We are going to try and keep the entire congregation there, so it should be just amazing. She has been to church 7 times in a row, and we get to have an awesome lesson tonight with her and her father. I am so excited to see her be baptized; she is going places in her life.
We are going to play basketball today, here in Aluche where we are emailing. Aluche is in Barrio 3 and 9, and they have a sweet capilla. This is where Elder Peterson is. There are going to be 16 of us I think. So it should be way fun. We are getting together in preparation for the basketball camp this Friday and Saturday. I am so excited because Elder Sewell and I got selected as coaches, so it should be sweet. There are only 19 elder coaches, 4 on camera crew, 6 hermana coaches, and then Elders Ladner and Weinert are in charge. It is going to be way super sweet, and I can’t wait. I will have to tell you all about it next week, but for now, we just have some packets and then a bunch of Spanish basketball terms to learn. So I am really excited for the baptism, basketball camp, and then Mission Council next Monday. It is going to be busy, which is always nice. I love to be busy, even though it is a little stressful sometimes. We went to the 8 o‘clock session in the temple today as well.
Elder Brown sent me a way super sweet tie that is pink with pink polka dots for my birthday, he is just awesome, and he picked us up some Salamanca hoodies and sent them as well. Mine is red, like my old Jetta.
The work is going great and I am having a blast. We had a new investigator come to church this week, her name is Andalucia, and she is about 50 and from Colombia. Colombians are super sweet! We also just found a Colombian family this week that I am way excited to start teaching. Andalucia just came to church on Sunday and we taught her after Sacrament Meeting. I sat next to her and showed her dad’s Colombian money. She loved it. Thanks dad. I love you guys.
Love, Elder Miller

No comments: