Saturday, July 14, 2007

the mtc day 3 and a half

Hola familia,


I hope yal are doing just fine on the homefront, and that you got the letter i sent to you. Yesterday I received a package from the petersons that had peanut m & m's, cookies, starburst, and cheese with crackers. I also got the letter from dad, thanks so much for writing that to me because it helped a lot. We are having a great time, now that we have decided to SYL or speak your language. This is the idea that we say whichever words in spanish that we can remember. We have already learned how to pray and bear testimony in spanish, but it just involves memorizing phrases and what they mean. We are saying our prayers in spainglish if we need to say more than we know how, we just switch in the middle of the prayer to english and then back afterwards. Our teachers are awesome as i said before, and the more we get to know our district the more fun we have. Peter and I are the comic relief. Today we set goals as a district to not speak en ingles during language lessons. This will be extremely hard tonight at class, because I still barely know spanish. Peter and i got really short hair cuts today, and i got a #8 buzz on top. it feels so nice in the heat of the day. oh and by the way this afternoon is preperation day, that is why i'm emailing from the laundry room while we wait for my first load of laundry in my life. I started out by dumping the detergent into the fabric softener hole, and had to move all of my stuff to another washer. the dry cleaners was closed at 12 so when i got there at 12:45 it was to late. our next p-day is friday, and that will be the case until we leave for the madrid mtc and then we will get a new schedule. We are so busy all of the time that i don't take very many pictures, but i will send home a camera once i fill it up. also i have already sorted out a bag of things to send home that is rather large. this is in hopes that i will be able to make my suitcases small enough for the plane.


love,
elder miller

No comments: