Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Almost 4 months already!

Hey Everybody!

First off, I can't even believe that on the 11th I will have been on my mission for 4 months, absolutely insane...I am having a great time, and loving it as usual with Elder Van Dyke here in Fuenlabrada. Last Wednesday, we had a relaxing p-day. At Dia, our shopping store, I used coupons and really felt like my grandpa. But none the less I will be using more again today. Also, Elder Baxter and Elder Cutler were supposed to move out at 11, but it didn't happen until the office elders got there at 5. We helped them put there stuff in the van, and it has been a quiet peaceful piso of 2 elders ever since. I love it, but it was also way fun with 4 elders.

We organized everything in the piso, and got rid of the last of the clutter. on Thursday we had promised Mimi's family brownies if the kids read 'For the Strength of Youth', and so we made a double batch of missionary special colacao brownies. They loved them. Friday, the zone leaders came to paint again, and President told us to paint the entire day, and get as much done as possible. So we did, and almost finished. We painted the 2 bathrooms, calked it all, and painted 3 rooms except one ceiling. Also, we are going to leave one room that is a disaster until after the floors are going to be refinished next Monday night, Tuesday, and maybe Wednesday. Today we touched everything up and made sure all of the lights were in working condition. We are almost done, and the closets will be done shortly after the floors. It will be so, so, so, so nice.

After the whole long day of painting we were sweeping and mopping the dust that was everywhere, and I spilled the mop bucket. It went everywhere, but at least it was in the hallway where nothing got wet except for the floor that needed to be mopped anyway. Also I burned myself with the iron a little bit on the arm a couple days back, I have been really unlucky, but at least it didn't hurt it just left a little red mark. Also on Friday, I was moving one of the broken closet doors with broken glass mirrors in them, and I sliced a little gash in my toe, a little more bad luck. I just cleaned it out and put some super glue on, it's all good.

Saturday morning at a bus stop, there was this man that was soooo drunk sitting up against the bank behind us. The cops were there tending to him. He couldn't even walk, hardly at all, and was saying funny things. The ambulance had to come and pick him up. It was a little show to pass the 10 minutes while waiting for the bus. We had a slow Saturday morning, and then we ended up getting 3 new investigators, and taught 3 lessons. We also had a Mission fast for baptisms and confirmations starting on Saturday. About the new investigators, Florin is from Romania, and speaks Spanish. He lives in Humanes, but we gave him a Romanian Book of Mormon, so he could understand it better. Then there is Khalid, who is from Morocco, and speaks Arabic, French and English. We gave him an Arabic Book of Mormon and taught him in English. Also, there is Marshall who is from Nigeria, and speaks English, and we gave him an English Book of Mormon. The next day, we met with our new investigator from last week, Mirella from the Dominican Republic, and gave her a Spanish BOM. 4 different languages of BOM's in 2 days, how crazy. I have a list I have made of where all of the people I have met since I have been in Spain are from. It is about 40 countries long and growing everyday. I will put it in an email in the near future.

We taught Primary on Sunday, and taught about Nephi and his obedience. There were 4 kids there. It was way fun. Also, after church they held a correlation meeting with all of the leaders in the rama, and we were invited to come, things are really looking up here. After the fast was over, we went home and had some lunch... well lots of lunch. I made been and cheese burritos, by frying some pinto beans, and adding cheese, and a bunch of taco bell mild sauce that Elder Baxter left me. Also, Dia sells really cheap tortillas, which are usually over 3 euros, but are only 1 euro at Dia. After our meal, we went to teach Mirella. She fed us chicken noodle soup, with tons of chicken in it, and then some rice to go along with it. We were both so full, but crammed it all in there somewhere. Oh yeah, today I put on my jeans for the first time in a while, and they are pretty big. To date, I have lost around 30 pounds or about 13 kilos.

Monday, we cleaned the piso really well, and loaded everything from 3 of the rooms, and about half the stuff from another room all into 1 little bathroom. I don't know how it all fit, but I know that my grandpa would be proud. We translated for Hamilton again, but I don't know where he will be giving this speech. Tuesday, we had interviews in Mostoles again, and it was great. We had more Texas sheet cake, and learned from the A.P.'s and Hermana Farnsworth about the importance of planning and the area book. We are really going to focus on these things now.

Also, we taught Avelino yesterday, and then had to run to the bus stop. We had to run to the piso to get brownie ingredients, and then we had to run to the bus for English classes. We put the brownies in the oven during English classes, and gave them to the members we taught last night. We also had to run to make it to that appointment. We are busy, and I am loving it. Till next week.

Much love from Spain,
Elder Miller

No comments: